Pupil Premium Grant
The Pupil Premium Grant is funding provided to schools which is additional to main school funding to specifically benefit children who:
- Are entitled to Free School Meals
- Have at any point in the last 6 years been entitled to Free School Meals
- Are looked after children and have been in care for at least 6 months
- Are the children of current Service Personnel
- Are the children of Service Personnel at any point during the last 4 years.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. However, schools are to be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. Schools are required to publish this information on the school website.
At Glen Park Primary we allocate the funding across 3 key areas:
1. To provide high quality teaching and learning for our children
Pupil Premium Grant Funding is used to support the school in providing high quality teaching and learning experiences for all children.
- We will be using the funding to enable our staff to have opportunities to attend high quality professional training, which promotes quality learning experiences for our children.
- We have used some of the funding to establish Accelerated Reader across the school and continue to ensure that we have high quality resources in place to deliver the Read, Write Inc phonics programme and Power Maths programme.
- We have deployed additional Teaching Assistant support in targeted year groups to ensure that the needs of Pupil premium pupils are being fully met.
- We will be using some of the funding to support training for teachers and teaching assistants.
2. Targeted academic support
In order to ensure that our children make at least good progress, we employ specific interventions to support those pupils who need additional support both inside and outside of the classroom.
- This year we have employed a speech and language specialist to support pupils across Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
- We are also providing additional support for lower ability readers and have purchased reading resources to support their needs.
- In addition to this we also provide access to trained ELSA’s (Emotional Support Assistants) to support the emotional needs of our children across the school.
3. Enrichment, Enhancement and wider strategies
To ensure full participation and access to all activities, this year we will be using some of the funding to subsidise costings for residential visits and curriculum enhancement activities that take place over the year for Pupil Premium Pupils.
Impact of the Pupil Premium Fund on pupils progress and attainment
Details regarding the allocation and spending of the Pupil Premium Grant at Glen Park Primary in the 2021/2022 academic year and the impact that it had upon supporting pupils last year, can be viewed via the link below.
To ensure that we are maximising the use of the Pupil Premium Fund for our pupils, we regularly monitor and review the impact the different initiatives are having upon our maximising our pupils progress and attainment. For a detailed summary of the impact of this years Pupil Premium Fund please click here.
Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools for the purpose of boosting the attainment of pupils from lower income families. It is intended to enable schools to provide targeted support to help children reach their full potential.