School Improvement Plan 2021 - 2022
School self-evaluation is a continuous process which comprises of a number of key components that collect information and evidence about the standards in the school. These are then analysed, collated and the findings are used to appraise achievements and identify priorities to be pursued to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Following the very successful Ofsted inspection that took place in May 2019, we have worked with the school community to identify our strategic priorities for further improving the school. The school improvement plan is the key document in our school that outlines our strategic priorities. This document drives action plans for leaders across the school in subjects or areas of focus. Staff appraisals are also linked directly to the achievement of these priorities. Governors are kept regularly appraised of progress against our targets and objectives through their meetings. Governors provide scrutiny and challenge to the Headteacher and leadership team to constantly drive improvement in the school provision.
Priorities for improvement
All the evidence shows that Glen Park Primary is a highly effective school. The priority for improvement is to continue to offer high quality learning opportunities across the school at all times to all our children. The school has used evidence from its self-evaluation to identify key priorities for the forthcoming year in order to further enhance and improve the provision that we offer. This year, our plan is focused around 5 key areas:
- To increase the percentage of pupils achieving age related and greater depth writing outcomes across the school.
- To continue to design and develop a curriculum which is progressive, carefully sequenced and founded on key milestones.
- To develop whole school programmes/training to develop resilience and support the mental health of pupils and staff.
- To develop retrieval practice strategies in the classroom to support assessment and pupil recall of taught content and information.
- To ensure high quality EYFS provision is in place through the delivery of the new framework.
Below is a summary of the priorities outlined within this years School improvement Plan. For an more detailed summary of the school targeted priorities for this year please click here.