The Induction Process
‘There are examples of outstanding teaching in the Early Years Foundation Stage where children make very good progress in their understanding of letters and sounds’ Ofsted
We aim to make the transition into school as smooth as possible for both children and parents/carers. At Glen Park Primary, we run a successful transition programme to ensure that our new families are made to feel welcome and valued additions to our school community. Once we receive confirmation of our new Foundation intake from the Local Authority, you will be invited to attend a number of meetings and information sessions during the summer term.
These will include:
- A welcome meeting and information session about the structure of the Foundation Stage
- The opportunity to take a tour of the school with the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher
- Two open afternoons and the opportunity for the children to visit the Foundation Stage setting
- Home visits
- A ‘meet the teacher’ evening
- Parent workshops in the autumn term on the teaching of phonics, early reading and number skills
Initially, in September, the children will attend school for half day sessions only during the first week of term to allow them to adapt to their new environment before starting full time in the second week.